This week in class, I feel like we've run a marathon. Practice AP tests and essays all week? NOOOOOO!!! But it reminded me of being in offseason sports: when you're not actually competing, you have to run extra distance, put in lots of hours at the weight room, and work on your core strength to build for the coming season. It's the exact same for English class. Our competition is the AP test, and it's tough. So we put in the hard work now: the analytical essays, the ridiculous passages no one understands, and the questions designed to trip us up. Thinking about this helped me realize Mrs. Ramirez is preparing us to beat the heck out of this test, and personally, I say thank you! It also made the work more bearable, since we'll be used to it by spring.
On a different note, I felt rather odd writing this. I'm blaming all the analyzing practice this week; I can't help but evaluate it, but through a track runner's eyes instead of a literary stand-point.
No comments:
Post a Comment