Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Like a Chicken with Its Head Cut Off

Senior year. Oh how I underestimated you.  I was so excited for my last year of high school: the activities, the bragging rights, the excitement for college. And then reality kicked in.  There is hardly any breathing room between sports, orchestra, AP classes, church activities, college preparations, and (if I have an extra milli-second) friends.  Granted, I'm learning how to manage my time better and am finally enjoying everything, but for the first three weeks I was highly disappointed in the 'senior' label. Sometimes I feel like a cross between a chicken with its head cut off and the bad joke about ADD kids:

Q: How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: Wanna ride a bike?

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I can certainly agree with this feeling. It seems like I get more to do every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, I feel you! It seems like I can't catch a break around here. Already ready for Thanksgiving break- 48 DAYS!


    ...but who's counting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stuck between desperately wanting to be out and somberly thinking "this is my last thirty-third second of the sixteenth minute of the eighth hour of the second Tuesday of the third month of high school"...

    ReplyDelete